Like Us On Facebook
Call for Nominations: DUE September 1, 2015
SCWCC Board of Directors
The Southern Colorado Women’s Chamber of Commerce (SCWCC) is looking for dedicated members who want to take on the exciting and challenging role of being a member of the SCWCC’s Board of Directors.
Established in 1993, SCWCC is fully dedicated to the fact that "Empowered and confident business women are vital for economic growth." The SCWCC utilizes a policy governance model, which includes strong bylaws and operating procedures, dynamic committee structures and staff-driven daily operations.
The main roles and responsibilities of the Board of Directors are governance and policy making. The board also provides leadership and direction to its committees, volunteers and staff in order to carry out the goals and objectives of the organization. The Director’s term is three years. Board members can serve no more than two consecutive three-year terms. Expectations for Board members include:
• Take an active role in discussing and developing all new policies and procedures for all SCWCC matters, including SCWCC operating budget and spending plans
• Take an active role in reviewing and promoting major programs designed to serve the membership and committees.
• Attend no fewer than 9 of 12 monthly board meetings each year (required)
• Arrive to Board meetings prepared, having reviewed all reports and financial statements prior to each board meeting and having submitted suggestions for policy changes in advance
• Attend at least one SCWCC event per month – from among the monthly lunches, First Fridays, Sunset Meet and Greets, Salad Sessions, Orientations and other events as they are announced
• Serve on at least one Board committee as described in Policies and other ad hoc committees as they are created to meet specific organizational needs
• Attend one major community event per year as a representative of SCWCC
• If committee chair, recruit committee members from the Board as well as general membership and hold regular committee meetings (monthly is suggested)
• If Committee chair, prepare committee reports and distribute in advance of the board meetings
• Review SCWCC.com regularly for event updates, news, general activity briefing and member announcements
• Attend the annual retreat
• Attend the annual Accolades Business Leader of the Year Awards luncheon
• Support securing sponsors for all events, especially Accolades
The Board meets monthly on the second Thursday of the month from 8:30 am until 10:30 am.
A. A PDF or Microsoft Word document, not to exceed three pages that answers the following three questions:
1. Why do you want to serve on the SCWCC Board?
2. What skills and accomplishments do you have that prepare you to serve on the SCWCC Board?
3. What do you consider to be the most important organizational challenges and opportunities that the SCWCC faces and how can they be addressed?
B. A personal resume of not more than two pages (in Word or PDF) which lists:
1. Your personal contact information:
• Name • Address • E-mail address • Telephone
3. Brief employment history
4. Any SCWCC roles, activities and accomplishments you’ve experienced
Questions or comments should be referred to any SCWCC Board member. Thank you for considering service to the Women's Chamber as a Director.
The SCWCC utilizes a policy governance model, which includes strong bylaws and operating procedures, dynamic committee structures and staff-driven daily operations. A number of staggered terms end each year, elections are held annually, and nominations are welcome at any time.
|Board Members||Office | Committee Chair|
|Mark Bittle||At large|
|Patrice Christian||Chair, Programs & ED Comp/Evaluation|
|Lisa Fistani||At large|
|Gina Kaiser||Chair, Accolades|
|Jon Khoury||At large|
|John Lee||Chair, Community Engagement|
|Kristin Lutwack||At large|
|Search & locate remaining members on the SCWCC Directory|
The SCWCC Board of Directors invites members in good standing to serve on any of the committees shown that may be of interest. Volunteer by contacting the designated Committee Chair at any time, and we thank you for your support!
Lola Woloch, President of Promotional Marketing Services, LLC, accepted a contract appointment to lead the SCWCC in January 2015. Her focus on driving results in business development, sales operations and marketing is considered essential to the continued success and growth of the organization.
Ms. Woloch graduated cum laude from Lewis University with a bachelor’s degree in business administration, majoring in management and marketing. She then launched her own marketing agency, followed by a series of strategic career moves that brought her to Colorado Springs to take on leadership positions in wireless telecommunication, business services, wholesale, retail, and higher education sectors.
With numerous accolades and awards to her credit, this focused, hands-on leader has a proven track record of achieving sales and business development goals for both established companies and start-ups.
|Consultant||Linda Mojer, First & Former Executive Director | 2008 - 2014|
Appointed to serve as the SCWCC's first formal Executive Director in 2008, Linda Mojer brought over 25 years of experience in the management, promotion and marketing of membership organizations.
As a career administrator and communications professional for several area non-profits, her experience in the specialized demands of membership organizations emphasized web communications, media and public relations, and was well-matched to the needs of the SCWCC as it entered an important growth phase.
Her work has resulted in exponential growth, increased community presence and heightened awareness for the Women's Chamber, while she continued to operate her own editorial and web consulting business. SCWCC Member since 2007.